Monday 30 November 2015

Hello!

My persona online and offline can be a little detached if you have actually met me. 

I remember an interview I had when I was much younger, desperate for a part-time job to earn cash.
I told the hiring manager that I was "bubbly" because I thought that's what she wanted to hear. Hahaha! who am I kidding, and obviously I didn't get the job. 

I like to share my thoughts and beliefs, but I am better at writing than articulating in person. That's also why I have started many blogs. As I grew older, I got concerned with the judgements of society and have never come to terms with being myself for who I really am. I think I should. 

What intrigues me now are human thoughts. The multi-dimensional sides to us that makes us human. 
For example, the boy who was considered an ahbeng in school, volunteers at non-profit organisations after school to help the less fortunate. 

So who is to judge whether someone is 'good', or 'bad'?

It has been a huge turning point for me this year. An incident that happened earlier this year made me realise the mortality of life. Sometimes we forget that we are destructible and we chase after illusions that we think are important. 

I read somewhere that, you pick your own poison to drown in. If you love the high-profile life of an acting career, you have to live with the lack of privacy. I think my poison will always be in drawing/painting. I don't know how to get out of it. I stop, I get sidetracked by other commitments, but I will go an entire round, and come back to making art. 

I hope what I do in the coming future, will inspire you to chase your dreams, and to remember what truly matters to you. 

Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

From,
the really awkward person behind thepancakecat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment